Shelter day 210, October 16th, 2020—installment 44 of live-streamed, all-vinyl DJ sets during the COVID-19 pandemic.
I've always felt Latin rhythms decouple the body and mind. The dominant "clave" rhythm, the foundation of Salsa and Rhumba, is the underlying driver of this mix. House Music and Salsa have always felt connected, where the rhythms and dance entwine. The genre "Latin House" has unfortunately become a catch-all for cheesy Latin pop dance music, but the influence of Latin music in early 90s House Music brough a healthy dose of rhythmic complexity and soul. This mix brings together edits of classic Salsa and Rhumba songs, early Latin House and contemporary Latin electronica. Enjoy!
- Billy Paul Williams - Conga De Cuba (Monte’s Flying Cuban Mix)
- DJ Angola - Bailalo (Quantic Mix)
- Nickodemus - Conmigo
- Neon Phusion - Calle San Sebastian
- Batidos - Tengo Sed (Gavin Hardkiss' Amarillo Curioso Mix)
- Gecko Turner – Toda Mojaita (Dutch Rhythm Combo Remix)
- Robin Jones & Joao Bosco De Oliveira – Royal Rumba (Fila Brazillia Mix)
- Afro-Cube - Sugar Cane (Habana Mix)
- Joe Cuba - Siempre Sere (CC Rework)
- Phuture Retro - Gonzo
- Ski feat. Valerie Etienne - Tress-Cun-Deo-La
- River Ocean feat. India – Love & Happiness (Yemaya Y Ochùn)
- Ray Mang & Foolish Felix – Who Said Boogie?
- Cesaria Evora - Nho Antone Escaderode (Kerri Chandler Mix)
Oct 17, 2020