First 5 mins missing from video :(
The global pandemic has had a devastating impact on nightlife and the lives of working DJs. Many friends who are full-time working DJs and performers have had their lives turned upside-down. As a technology innovator and DJ, I've seen digital transformation and acceleration caused by the pandemic across most industries, including entertainment. While virtual music events are a far cry from the real thing, innovation has been noteworthy.
Unison was created by a number of prominent Bay Area DJs as a way to continue community events, but has also focused on raising money for many who have been most greatly impacted by the pandemic. The Unison crew involves many technologist who have experimented with the bleeding edges of streaming and virtualization—such as hyperverse VR experiences and high-end event streaming services.
I was invited to play with the "Blue Stage", which is affiliated with The Ambient Mafia crew. For this set, I was excited to share some of my recent projection mapping work. I first started working on projection mapping when I was the XD Director at Obscura, and love the potential of audio/visual harmony.
The mix features classic chillout cuts, from the early 90s to the present. All vinyl and, as always, mixed with love. Enjoy!
- Dr Psychedelic - Let's Try Some Energy
- Richard Houghten - Sample Hat
- Felix Laband - Ding Dong Thing
- Lusine - Dr Chinme
- A Positive Life - The Calling (Ambient Mix)
- Rocha - Night Music
- Pub - Overcome
- Telekinetic Soulmate - Illumination
- Quiroga - Sognandounacosa
- Alan Watts - The Dream of Life
- The Detroit Escalator Company - ∆
- The Bionaut - Second Hand Furniture
- Nav Katze - Wild Horses (Global Communication Remix)
Oct 26, 2020